So, you want to host a Light Party®? GREAT! Where do you start?
Look at the talents and resources in your group.
Think about what sort of event you can handle and your community will enjoy.
Register with us and utilise our resources and information to build a positive celebration!
- Register your event on the website
- Make sure you provide fun and values in a safe environment
- Make sure it’s clear there should be no horrible masks or costumes that celebrate the ‘dark side’. Focus on positive things like animals, sports people or superheroes, etc. Be creative about dressups.
- Utilise the credibility of the Light Party® brand
- Utilise Light Party® ideas, examples and resources!
Look around, pick up some ideas and have fun with it!
Super Hero Night
Dress up as a famous sportsperson and do sporting events
Disco or Jump Jam
Hangi and Bonfire
Creative Dress Parade
Mainly Music session
Things to think about –
(For more ideas see the Light Party® Resource Kit)
- Extended Family
- Follow Up