Many people see Halloween as a negative influence in our society and parents are looking for a positive alternative to trick or treating and scary costumes.
- Walking the streets at dusk isn’t safe
- Expecting rewards on demand is not appropriate behaviour
- We don’t like the thought of our children emulating monsters, witches, Dracula and other evil characters
- It tends to generate animosity within communities
- The monster masks are scary to small children
- Being expected to supply treats distresses some people
- It doesn’t consider the negative consequences of thinking evil is fun.
The answer is – a positive alternative. A Light Party®.
- Encourages safety
- Encourages values
- Celebrates all that is good
- Builds community spirit
- Meets the needs of our children
- Provides low cost family entertainment
- Establishes a ‘positive’ tradition
- Enables various groups within the community to come together
What we do . . .
Many churches, schools and community groups have seen this need and are hosting events for their own children, families, and communities.
Light Party® invites churches and community groups to utilise the credibility of the Light Party® brand by registering online (free) and then helps Members by:
– listing location details
– providing comprehensive resources from a passworded online Members Section containing PDF & DOC downloads
– providing global prayer covering and liaison
– promoting Light Party® events through global marketing